Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dalai Lama Asks China to Let Him Visit Quake-Hit Region

The Dalai Lama appealed to Beijing on Saturday to allow him to visit the province in China where he was born to comfort the victims of a deadly earthquake.
"To fulfill the wishes of many of the people there, I am eager to go there myself to offer them comfort," the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader said in a statement issued from Dharamshala, his home in exile in northern India.The Buddhist monk added that the remote western Qinghai province, where the quake struck Wednesday, killing at least 1,339 people and injuring nearly 12,000 others, also "happens to be where" he was born."Because of the physical distance between us, at present I am unable to comfort those directly affected, but I would like them to know I am praying for them," he said....

No comments: